I often think of my time spent in studies at Bob Jones University…a great University…
but my studies focused mainly on Christ’s death on the Cross! I stand in awe and
amazement at the Sacrifice and love of Christ which took place in the Crucifixion,
after all these years of preaching and teaching it. But even at BJU, I knew in my
spirit there was so much more….THE RESURRECTION POWER! And fifty days
after the Resurrection, that Power became available via “The Baptism of the Holy
Spirit!” Paul said in Romans 8:11:
"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that
raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit
that dwelleth in you."
Jesus is still sending that same power down to us. We all need a fresh anointing!
Dr. Glenn Reed, a favorite teacher, and dear friend during my Central Bible College
days, would often say to the class…
”Young people I always marvel how an Almighty God can send a gift as powerful
as the Holy Spirit to dwell within our hearts and our lives without us completely
We, as Pentecostals, live in what I call “the Ascension Dimension”, between the Ascension and Christ’s Return. As we view the depravity and corruptness of men from our television screen, let us turn our eyes on the One who is definitely guiding our ship if we are surrendered to Him and cry “Lord fill me with that Resurrection Power (the Holy Spirit) on a daily basis!”
Churches today are "crying out" because souls are not being saved, people are not being healed and they no longer hear the Voice of God. But this is the era where the "Bride of Christ" has become cold emotionally, and no longer seeks the Gift that Jesus is sending down, even condeming emotional feelings which arise from having the Experience. Many Christians have distanced themselves from this beautiful gift, which Jesus described as, "He is with you, but shall be in you!"
Many no longer seek God with fervor. Some churches, claiming to be Pentecostal in Theory, have actually scorned the fervent prayer and praise of a righteous man! FOLKS, we need Revival such as was experienced in the First and Second Great Awakening in America., then Azusa Street.
PRICE FOR REVIVAL IN AMERICAN
- REPENTANCE AND PRAYER: Humility begins when we allow God to take control of all things, instead of us controlling them.
- HUNGER FOR GOD: So many have left their First Love and no longer have a fervencey for God.
- TIME - Many Christians give God onnly token time..the cares of the world are more important.
- INTERCESSION: THE CHRISTIAN ALTAR CALL RESTORED: Taking time to "weep" between the porch and the altar, speak in our Heavenly Language and be filled with the Spirit.
- CONFIDENCE AND BELIEF IN THE CALL OF GOD TO PREACH THE GOSPEL OR GO AS A MISSIONARY.
- A NEW HUNGER FOR THE SUPERNATURAL AND THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT OPERATED IN PUBLIC WORSHIP)
- A RENEWAL OF OPENING OUR EMOTIONS (The heart is the Center of Emotions) TO GOD AND OTHERS.
- COMPASSION & FORGIVENESS: Do not continue or distance a Christian brother or family member if we want God's smile upon us.
- GET BACK TO THE TEN COMMANDMENTS: We must seek to please God above all else.
- SEEK A NEW BAPTISM OF LOVE, THAT FLOODS US, QUICKENS US, SHINES THROUGH US, AND FLOWS THROUGH US: SEEK TO GLORIFY GOD IN OUR SPIRIT AS MUCH AS OUR BODY.
If we do these things, we will see a renewal of attendance to the House of God, a renewal of giving to missions, a renewal of the joy, the inner life of our families, who will have been taught the excitement of knowing Christ, witnessing, seeking the supernatural, praying in the spirit, and working for God as the greatest things in the world, not just theory.
We will see a renewal of our altars crowded with souls as they were in the time of spurgeon, other great preachers, and the three great revivals in our nations. REMEMBER:
IF YOU WANT GOD'S BLESSING ON YOUR LIFE, YOU MUST DO WHAT HE IS BLESSING!